Announcement by HEDNO, Non-Interconnected Islands (NII) operator, pertaining to the opening of the NII market to all remaining NIIs, in addition to those of Crete and Rhodes
Announcement by HEDNO, Non-Interconnected Islands (NII) operator, pertaining to the opening of the NII market to all remaining NIIs, in addition to those of Crete and Rhodes, under NII Code (GG (FEK) 304/Β/11.02.2014)
December 21, 2017
Following RAE decision No. 908/2017 (GG [FEK] Β’ 4461/19.12.2017), according to which, as of 01/01/2018, special status for energy supply from all Non-Interconnected Island Electrical Systems has been removed in line with European Commission’s decision 2014/536 and par. 1 of Article 137A/2017 of L. 4001/2011, HEDNO, NII Operator, would like to inform NII Load Representatives interested in participating in the NII market that, in addition to the market opening on the islands of Rhodes and Crete, the Market of the electrical systems on the remainder of NIIs will open on the first working day following 01.01.2018, as described below:
This is the procedure giving effect to NII Load Representative Participation (Supplier) Contracts and the commencement of operations in the respective NII Electrical Systems:
1. Submission of a Registration application of the new Load Representative to the NII Operator (Islands Network Operation Department - INOD, 98 -100, Syggrou Ave, Athens, 117 41), signed by the legal representative of the applicant, to be entered into the NII Load Representative Registry of the respective NII electrical system. The application should be enclosed in folder that includes:
1.1. All supporting documentation for entry into the NII Load Representative Registry as per Article 23, par. 3 of NII Code (documents making up the application).
1.2. Initial Declaration for Representation of Registered Meters based on the Registry kept by the NII Operator for the respective electrical system together with all details for each power supply point (9-digit number of supply point in .txt file format and no. of supply point/customer name/voltage at point of connection/Reg. Unit) in excel file format. Declarations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
2. The NII Operator shall confirm that all applications have been submitted in full and notify New Load Representatives of any missing details and/or required corrections.
An acknowledgment receipt is issued upon submission by Load Representatives of the most recent, missing document.
3. Within three (3) working days from the date of acknowledgment, the NII Operator shall inform new Load Representatives about the Guarantee Amount required for the respective NII electrical system. Load Representatives must pay the Guarantee Amount that has been estimated according to the Initial Declaration of Representation of Registered Meters as enclosed in their folder.
Under the provisions of the NII Code, Load Representatives can pay the Guarantee Amount by submitting to the Islands Network Operation Department (INOD, 98 -100, Syggrou Ave., Athens 117 41), either a Letter of Guarantee (see attached template form), or a copy of receipt confirming the transfer of the corresponding amount to the NII Operator's guarantee bank account .
Letters of Guarantee must be submitted together with an Confirmation of Authenticity released by the issuing Bank.
4. Presently, and until further official notice, the amount corresponding to the Fixed-Charge Coverage Ratio (Article 16 of NII Code) is not be payable.
5. Within five (5) days from the submission of the Letter of Guarantee or the transfer of the corresponding guarantee amount to the NII Operator's Guarantee Bank Account, the NII Operator shall proceed with registering NII Load Representatives into the NII Load Representative Registry and with issuing a Confirmation of Registration that will give effect to the Participation Contract and will enable the commencement of operations for the respective NII electrical system as per Initial Declaration for Representation of Registered Meters of the New Load Representative.
The NII Operator will provide passwords for entry into the existing THALES information system for New Load Representatives that do not already have access since previous Energy Market activity.
Under this procedure, access rights to New Load Representatives via the THALES information system for the purpose of submitting the Declaration for Representation of Registered Meters shall only be given for use pertaining to this particular NII electrical system.
6. Upon completion of the above procedure, New Load Representatives shall use THALES to submit the Represented Meters of their NII electrical system as per Initial Declaration and shall there on be deemed as Load Representatives and signatories of an Effective NII Participation Contract.
These guidelines are available online and can be found here: NII Load Representative Procedures under: "Procedure giving effect to NII Load Representative Participation Contracts”