HEDNO’s Announcement, as non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator, for opening the Market in Crete and Rhodes
HEDNO’s Announcement, as Interconnected Islands Network Operator for opening the Market of the non-Interconnected Islands referring to electricity systems of Crete and Rhodes within the framework of the non-Interconnected Islands (Greek Government Gazette 304/Β/11.02.2014)
23rd of July 2015
Following HEDNO’s Announcement on 07.05.2014, as non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator, referring to the participation of Load Representatives in the Market of the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator, it is acknowledged to the interested parties that from 01.09.2015 the opening of the Market for the Electricity Systems of Crete and Rhodes in the non-Interconnected Islands is initiated, according to the following:
Given the existence of the Contract for Participation of a Load Representative, as Supplier in the non-Interconnected Islands, the procedure of its activation as well as the initiation of activities for the mentioned Load Representative per electricity system in the non-Interconnected Islands, is as follows:
1. Submission of Application Form for registration of New Load Representative to the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator (Islands Network Operation Department – 98-100, Syggrou Ave Athens 117 41), signed by the legal representative of the applicant for its registration in the Load Representatives Registry of the non-Interconnected Islands accompanied by the complete folder which will include:
1.1. All documents for the registration in the Load Representatives Registry, according to Article 23, paragraph 3 of the non-Interconnected Islands (accompanied documents).
1.2. Initial Statement of Registered Meters Representation based on the Registry kept by the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator distinctively for each electricity system with the elements of each Supply (Number of Supply with 9 digits). This statement will be submitted electronically in txt format at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Non-Interconnected Islands Operator conducts an inspection on the completion of the file and informs the New Load Representative whether there are elements that should be filled or/and corrected.
The date on which the most recent document is submitted with which the folder is concluded as complete by the Load Representative to the non-Interconnected islands Operator is considered as submission date of the folder.
3. Within three (3) working days from the completion of the folder, the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator informs the New Load Representative on the amount of Guarantees that should be paid pursuant the Initial Statement of Registered Meters Representation in his folder.
In the present stage, the payment of the fixed amount of the Financial Cost Coverage (Article 16 of the Non-Interconnected Islands Code) is not activated until the realization of the relevant procedure.
4. Within five (5) days from the submission of the letter of guarantee (Specimen is included) or the submission of the relevant amount at the Guarantees Account that is kept by the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator, the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator proceeds to the registration in the “Load Representatives Registry” and issues the Registration Certificate concerning the Activation of its Contract for Participation and the initiation of its activities in the specific electricity systems in the non-Interconnected Islands which are included in the Initial Statement of Registered Meters Representation of the New Load Representative.
At the same time, the non-Interconnected Islands Network Operator, provides the New Load Representative with the Access Codes to the existing IT System “THALES”, if the New Load Representative does not already have Access Codes to this System from possible prior activities in the Energy Market.
The access right of the New Load Representative, through “THALES” System, for registration of the Statement of Registered Meters Representation is provided only for the electricity systems included in the initial Statement of Registered Meters Representation of its Application form.
5. After the conclusion of the above procedure, the New Load Representative registers in the “THALES” System the Meters that will represent in the electricity system in accordance with its Initial Statement of Registered Meters Representation and it is considered as Load Representative with Activated Contract for Participation in the non-Interconnected Islands.
6. It is pointed out that each Load Representative, which already activates in a certain electricity system or certain electricity systems in the non-Interconnected Islands and wants to be active in an additional electricity system of the non-Interconnected Islands, whenever it is allowed in the near future, is considered as New Load Representative and must follow accordingly the procedure mentioned above in the paragraphs 1.2, 3, 4, and 5 in order to initiate its activities to a new electricity system of the non-Interconnected Islands.