3rd HEDNO announcement in application of Law 4951/2022 (GG 129/Α/04.07.2022)
22 July 2022
In application of the provisions of Article 52 Law 4951/2022 on the management of the pending applications for granting Final Connection Offers for RES and CHP stations, the Network Operator would like to inform the interested parties regarding the following:
- Applications for the issuance of a non-binding connection offer for RES and CHP that were pending at the time of the entry into force of the law shall be rejected and the files of these applications shall be filed without any further action.
- For the pending applications for granting Final Connection Offers for RES and CHP stations that have been submitted to the competent Operator, prior to the entry into force of the law, their holders are obliged within four (4) months from its entry into force, e. from 5 July 2022 until 4 November 2022, to present a Performance Guarantee under Article 6 of the law (see the relevant Performance Guarantee template), provided that they are not among the stations of paragraph 2 of said article (stations exempted from the obligation to present a Performance Guarantee). During the above deadline of four (4) months, the Performance Guarantee shall not be considered an element of completeness of the application, provided it is already completed, and the competent Operator examines the application according to normal procedure.
If the owner of a RES and CHP station submits the Performance Guarantee within the above deadline and provided their application was ranked in order of priority, they shall maintain the original date of completeness of the application.
- If the competent Operator grants a Final Connection Offer within the above deadline of four (4) months and the Performance Guarantee has not been submitted by the time of its granting by the owner of the RES and CHP station, it shall be submitted upon acceptance of the Final Connection Offer, i.e., within two (2) months from its granting.
- Applications for the granting of a Final Connection Offer for RES and CHP stations that have received a connection failure response from the competent Operator and their holders have requested that they remain pending shall be covered by the provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3 hereof.
- After the expiration of the deadline of four (4) months, pending applications for the granting of a Final Connection Offer for RES and CHP stations, as well as applications to maintain an application pending after the issuance of a connection failure by the competent Operation for which no Performance Guarantee has been submitted by their holders under Article 6 of the law shall be rejected and the application files shall be filed without any further action.